I chronicled the important events in my life that were part of my journey to medical school:
- All my Life - Being part of my family
- 2002 - Anaheed's Illness
- March 2006 - Near Death Experience
- Aug 2006 - Meet Adrianne
- Oct 23, 2006 - Job with Dr. Abrams in a Research Lab
- May 2008 - MCAT
- June 2008 - 30!
- Aug/Sept 2008 - Applied to Medical School
- Oct 2008 - Invited to two interviews
- Oct 24, 2008 - UT-H interview
- Nov 14, 2008 - UTMB interview
- Nov 18, 2008 - Early acceptance to UTMB
- Feb 1, 2008 - Officially matched to UTMB
Time for a confession that will give you an insight into the crazy that is me: I am kind of expecting to wake up and it be March 1, 2006 and I'm in a hospital bed coming-to-consciousness in the recovery room after heart surgery. All of this is just a side-effect of coming off some serious anesthesia. Did I just imagine these last 3 years? How did this happen? Time seemed to crawl, but now looking back, it all seems a strange blur. The road was long, hard, and mostly difficult, but somehow I made it here. Talk about God's hand providing guidance and joy along the way! I would not have made it without Him. Now that it has happened I am...well, I have no clue what I am. Happy. Shocked. Undeserving. Appreciative. Terrified. Overwhelmed. Aflutter. Burdened. Shocked. Happy. Blessed.