Sunday, July 09, 2006

Medzmama

Hey Everyone!

A lot has happened since the last time I updated. Life has been good though. How can it be otherwise when God is in control.
I had been off the steroids for a month and things were going extremely well, until about last week. I started having pretty severe chest pains again. I have been in and out of doctor's offices all week long and fortunately, they determined that there is NOT fluid rebuilding around my heart! Hooray! I did not want to go through that again. However, there is indication of inflammation or something like that. At first they thought it was post-traumatic stress from being in a hospital environment and watching my grandmother undergo heart surgery. I thought so too at first, but eventually they determined that something might be wrong and needed to be addressed. What that ultimately and irritatingly means is that I am going to be back on steroids for another 3 weeks or so, or at least until they figure out what the heck is wrong.....BOOOOOOOO! It's the price I have to pay to be "healthy" I guess. Sigh. They warned me that it would take a long time to ever diagnose me, but seriosly, this is getting ridiculous!
I have a very important prayer request though! Like I said before my grandmother (my sweet little medzmama!) had an aortic aneurysm and had to have open heart surgery to put a graft in. While they were in there, they went ahead and did a bypass as well. This was a major surgery, and before she went in the doctor's informed us that she had a 1 in 12 chance of making it. Naturally, as we have done a million times before, we all hit our knees and gave it to God. The surgery was successful, but afterwards there were complications with her gallbladder. Only three days after MAJOR open heart surgery, they decided to remove her gallbladder as well. That was her second surgery. A few days after that, they noticed that she had fluid accumulating around her heart...grandmother like granddaughter. She had to have her third surgery to drain the fluids...SAME AS ME! She is currently still in ICU and now there is talk of needing a pacemaker, which will be a fourth surgery. Luckily, they have decided that the pacemaker is not that urgent and will give her poor body a chance to heal a bit. The best part is that all this has been happening in the last 2 weeks. Please keep her in your prayers. She is in a lot of pain, but she is putting her faith and trust in God.

We know that prayer works. I don't know why my family seems to constantly under attack, but I do know that no matter what we already have victory through Christ. No matter what happens, no matter how hard Satan tries to bring us down, nothing will ever change our Love for God and our committment to Him.

No comments: